the queen's park supporters association
This document sets out how The Queen’s Park Supporters’ Association (from here on referred to as The Association, or QPSA, or We) uses and protects any information that you give us when using our website.
QPSA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 21, 2020.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information
• The country you are in
• The time of your visit
• What page or post you visited
• Identity data - including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender
• Contact data - including billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
• Financial data - including bank account and card payment details
• Profile data - purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Competition entry data - including your name, address and email address and any other information you provide.
• Marketing and Communications Data – includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preference.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We will collect your personal data in a number of ways, including when you provide details directly to us in connection with one of the purposes set out in this notice.
• Purchase of goods or services
• Purchase or enquiry regarding goods or services
• Enrolment in QPSA event
• Register to receive or download information, newsletters or other documentation
• Enter a competition, survey, promotion or to provide feedback
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We will only use your information as the law permits. We use information gathered to help us improve our website. We also use the information for statistical purposes i.e. how many people visit our website on the day of a match; what information are they looking for; how many overseas people visit our website. To process transactions and send you marketing information. When it is necessary for our legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. When we need to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your consent or knowledge, where this is required or permitted by law. Generally we do not rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email, You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will primarily use your information for the following purposes:
• MEMBERSHIP - Where we are required to provide you with information regarding the Association.
• ASSOCIATION EVENTS: where you have booked or enquired for a place/places at any of our events, we may send you information relevant to the services that you have booked or enquired about. We may also send information about future projects or events. Information relevant to the day you have booked or about future events/days.
• COMMUNICATIONS: Where we have your consent to do so, we may send you marketing emails and promotions which we think you will be interested in. Where necessary, we may also use your information for the following additional purposes:
• as is required to ensure the safety of all those attending football matches and for the purposes of preventing crime;
• to monitor operational and safety related incidents;
• to apprehend and prosecute offenders, and provide evidence to take civil action in the courts
• to prevent fraud.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, you may still receive messages from us for non-marketing purpose, for example, service messages providing important announcements regarding an event which you have purchased tickets for.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Disclosure to selected third parties
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential. However, we may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this Notice or for purposes approved by you, including to suppliers who provide marketing, financial, and ticketing services. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Transferring data outside of the EEA
We may need to transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) to service providers, agents, subcontractors and regulatory authorities in countries where data protection laws may not provide the same level of protection as those in the EEA, such as the USA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we shall ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by taking steps to ensure that appropriate safeguards is implemented in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Under Data Protection Legislation, you have the right at any time to:
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check we are lawfully processing it; Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party; and
• Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. You will not have to pay a fee to exercise any of your rights.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may amend this Notice from time to time. If we make any substantial changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our website or by email. Historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an
individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
REVIEWED September 2020
© Copyright QP2020store